Wednesday 2 June 2021

Lies and hairdyes

 My 16 year old daughter was running the idea of dyeing her hair blonde past me.  To her surprise I was not in favour.  "Why?" she wanted to know. My answer was that it would not be as pretty as her natural colour; it would look fake and that it would damage her hair.  

From there we somehow got to how perhaps deep down she really was a blonde trapped in a brunette's body or however they phrase these things these days.  To which I replied that of course that was not true as she could never be a blonde, she could only be a brunette with dyed blonde hair and the dye would be a lie.

This of course opened me up for attack as in the past I had dyed my greying locks back to roughly their original colour. (It is impossible to replicate the original colour.)  Yes this had been a lie and also a mistake.  Learn from my mistakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment